In 2020 and 2021:
Developing the talents of young writers in the Lower Mainland, Toronto, and Mainland China. I offer workshops and fiction writing intensives through Quill Academy of Creative Writing.
I launched Quill Academy of Creative Writing here in Vancouver, and now serve young authors in the Lower Mainland, China, and around the globe as a writing coach.
- Public Relations Manager at Authors For Indies – an annual event that celebrates Canadian independent bookstores and the authors that love them.
- Volunteer with the inaugural Growing Room Feminist Literary Festival
- Board Member for Word Vancouver – Western Canada’s largest annual free festival of the written word.
- Western Canada PR coordinator at Authors For Indies.
- Moderator, historical fiction panel, Word Vancouver.
- In The Classroom: In April 2016 I taught her first workshop on digital storytelling and media literacy for self-identified girls ages 12-15 through the Access to Media Education Society.
- Literacy: I sat on the fundraising & planning committee for the provincial Literacy Is Life campaign with Decoda Literacy. This annual BC celebration surrounding International Literacy Day brings people together across the province.
- Media: From November 2015 to August 2016, I discussed hot topics in the literary world during her weekly half-hour books segment on Roundhouse Radio’s Sense of Place with Minelle Mahtani.